Nintendo licensed Hudson Soft to port some of Nintendo's Family Computer games, including Excitebike, Balloon Fight, Tennis, Golf, and Ice Climber. Hudson Soft also created sequels to Mario Bros. called Mario Bros. Special and Punch Ball Mario Bros., a sequel to Donkey Kong 3 called Donkey Kong 3: Dai Gyakushū, and a unique Super Mario Bros. game for the computer, Super Mario Bros. Special.
- System Information emulation site for retro Japanese computers
- OLD-COMPUTERS.COM: The Museum: NEC PC-88
- NEC PC-88 info page popular games, tags and developers at uvlist.net
- NEC PC-88 MK I comercial on YouTube
- NEC PC-8801 MK II commercial on YouTube
- NEC PC-88 MK II MR commercial on YouTube
- A list of downloadable PC88 emulators
- Strange and Wonderful NEC PC-88 Games (Various games covered, including Mario Bros. Special, Punch Ball Mario Bros. & Super Mario Bros. Special)
- Universal Game List entry for Super Mario Bros. Special
-  (a Super Mario Bros. Special walkthrough playlist)
- Universal Video Games List: Punch Ball Mario Bros.