The Nintendo Wiki is a wiki all about Nintendo, which is a massive company that has produced several video games, merchandise, and other media. Therefore, it may be confusing as to what coverage is allowed on the wiki and what is not.
First and foremost, Nintendo Wiki is about Nintendo themselves, their first-party titles (e.g. Mario and The Legend of Zelda), and their second-party titles (e.g. Kirby and Pokémon) and their related subjects. However, coverage for third-party and licensed titles is also allowed to a certain degree, and it might be confusing for others to know how to handle coverage for these games. Therefore, we at Nintendo Wiki have put together a section below to clear up what is allowed and what is not allowed.
What is allowed
- First-party and second-party content: Any games that have been developed and/or published by Nintendo can be covered here.
- Third-party and licensed content: Articles related to third-party and licensed video games released on a Nintendo console, including their subjects, are also allowed. However, because several of these games have had a multi-platform release, there is the possibility of content or features exclusive to a different console—those should not be covered here, as it would distract from our purpose of being a Nintendo wiki. It is only appropriate to mention these subjects if they have been reinstated on a later release of a Nintendo console.
- Video game designers: Make sure the video game designer has helped create a video game that appeared on a Nintendo console.
- Video game products: This includes memorabilia, soundtracks and anything else. Make sure the product is related to Nintendo (e.g. we don't need an article about Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts or its merchandise, as it was developed solely for the Xbox 360).
- Video game companies: Make sure the company has created a game for a Nintendo platform. Similarly, if you list the video games made by the company, be sure to only include ones released on Nintendo consoles.
- Walkthroughs: When writing a walkthrough, be sure to use the Walkthrough namespace (i.e. the "Walkthrough:" prefix).
- Credits: The credits of a video game. If it is a multiplatform game, be sure that the credits your listing are the credits from the Nintendo system version. If you included uncredited people, be sure you make note of it in the article. A game credits page should be titled "List of [game name] credits."
- Galleries: We allow image and media galleries for subjects on the "Gallery:" namespace, whether it be a game, a company, a video game designer, a concept, or a subject in general. As usual, for multi-platform games, please make sure to only include images and media relating to those released on a Nintendo console.